Where to start?
We’re pleased that you’ve asked us to find you a property to rent in Hove. We hope that you will consider it your home and that you will enjoy living in it.
The following referencing processes and financial obligations will become applicable as soon as you get that spidey sense that yes – THIS is what you’ve been looking for, and you’ve decided to go for it.
(Please note that Lawton & Dawe Properties will only provide your relevant personal details to third parties to fulfil the terms of our relationship with you. For example, to tradespeople for repairs, etc. Contact us for more information about GDPR and how we store your data.)
After Viewing the Property. It’s a Yes from You.
- You will be required immediately to pay a non-refundable deposit of one week’s rent. This also prevents the property from being viewed by other applicants.
- Your full deposit will be the equivalent of 5 weeks of the monthly rent. This will be held in the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- You will need to pay your first rent in advance. After this, please set it up by standing order.
During Your Tenancy
- Your rent will be payable on a per calendar month basis by standing order.
- You will be solely responsible for council tax, water rates, gas, electricity and telephone costs for the duration of the tenancy.
- Lawton & Dawe Properties recommend that you take out contents’ insurance. Your landlord will not be responsible for this; however, he/she will be required to have buildings insurance.
- We would expect you to keep the property clean, tidy and in a good condition. Any damages or unreasonable wear and tear are likely to be deducted from your deposit.
- Please contact us in the case of maintenance issues or problems with the property
- There are some default fees applicable, these include change of sharer, early termination fee, rent arrears and lost / misplaced keys and subsequent lock changes. Please click here to see tenant guidelines for more details.
- At the end the tenancy, your deposit will be returned to you subject to any deductions, as per above.
Don’t forget: we’re fully accredited members of ARLA Propertymark. Not all letting agents have this. Our membership proves our high standards.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. And enjoy your new home, we hope you will be very happy there.